2019 Available Positions
We are seeking an experienced and qualified Sales Executive to bring refreshing ideas to our company. Effectively managing sales function to maximize opportunities for improving hotel occupancies and rates.
The Sales Executive duties and responsibilities include:
· Identifying and acting on potential market leads to ensure maximum exposure of
Hotel facilities to potential clients.
· Planning sales strategy, in view of competitor activities, to maintain key accounts
and obtain new business.
· Developing sales budgets and monitoring results on a monthly basis.
· Managing allocated portfolio of Group key accounts and reporting to Head Office
in this concern.
· Monitoring sales in the banqueting department.
· Developing relationships with clients.
· Revenue Management.
· Meet with clients and negotiate corporate rates for their companies.
· Write annual corporate agreements for International/Local enterprises &
· Site Inspection visits of the hotel with the customers.
Sales Executive will report directly to the Hotel General Manager and required to
develop a good working relationship with all managers.
· Work within Budgeted Guidelines.
· Adapts well to change.
· A 4-year college degree and at least 2 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 2 years of hotel sales experience.
· Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
· Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly
· Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
· Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
· Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Open Availability, Flexibility and Highly Focused.
· Hotel & Sales Management Experience is a must.
· Speaks a minimum of 3 languages, with two preferably being English, French
and Spanish optional.
The Event coordinator is responsible of the overall operations of event and catering facility. He/she assists in the planning of event and work closely with clients to ensure event is a success.
The Event Coordinator duties and responsibilities include:
•Execute all aspects of event & catering, material production, invitations and day of oversight.
•Identify, negotiate, and coordinate with vendors.
•Collaborate on event ideas, managing budget, format and services.
•Manage vendor contracts and invoices.
•Track and manage in house conference room scheduling.
•Demonstrate consistent and exceptional customer service.
•Understand the client's goals and objectives behind the organization of various events, meetings, concerts, social gatherings, etc.
•Take care of various administrative and management tasks like planning a venue, communicating with numerous kinds of personalities through phone, mails, or meet them personally to decide various activities.
•Plan, coordinate, and implement the event as per the time table and make sure that it works as per schedule.
•To make sure that all the events are carried out within the given budget and standards by negotiating with the cost and prices of various facilities like food services, reservation of hotels, arranging for the transportation, etc., by maintaining a good relationship with them.
•To ensure that there is appropriate coordination of staff members and brainstorm them for new ideas.
•To market and publicize the event in a way that it will attract a huge crowd, thus ensuring success and yielding better revenue and profits.
•Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager.
Qualifications & Experiences:
•BA/BS degree in Management or Hospitality.
•Strong project management skills.
•2 years catering and events experience.
•Ability to manage competing priorities with Hotel deadlines.
•High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
•Must be proficient in Windows operating systems, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
•Strong interpersonal and communicating skills are a pre-requisite as they need to understand the client's requirements and convey it effectively to subordinates.
•Excellent planning, time management, organization, and presentation skills would be a plus.
•Good team players as well as be able to work independently, demonstrated by strong work ethic
•Flexibility to work even at irregular hours.
•Must be fluent in French and English.
Checks front office accounting records for accuracy and, on a daily basis, summarizes and compiles information for the hotel's financial records. Tracks room revenue, occupancy percentages, and other front office operating statistics.
Prepares a summary of cash, check, and credit card activities, reflecting the hotel's financial performance for the day. Posts room charges and room taxes to guest accounts including guest transactions not posted during the day by the front office cashier.
The Night Auditor duties and responsibilities include:
· Posts room charges and taxes to guest accounts.
- Processes guest charges voucher and credit card vouchers.
- Post charges to the guest accounts that have not been posted or were incurred on the night audit shift.
- Transfer charges and deposits to master accounts.
- Checks to see that all charges are assigned to the appropriate departments.
- To verify that all transactions performed at the front desk are supported by documentary evidence and signatures as necessary and that they have been correctly posted and allocated in to PMS system.
- To Verify that all charges posted from the POS Software, SPA software had reached the correct guest folios and also not missing.
- Prints up and files reservations for the next business day.
- Verifies all account postings and balances.
- Verifies that room rates are correct and posts those rates to guest accounts.
- Monitors the current status of coupon, discount, and other promotional programs.
- Is able to function as a front desk agent especially in terms of check-in and check-out procedures.
- Tracks room revenues, occupancy percentages, and other front office statistics.
- Prepares a summary of cash, check, and credit card activities.
- Summarizes results of operations for management.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for accuracy. Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information.
- Prepare of End of day procedure.
- Must have complete knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Balance the day’s charges, making corrections as necessary.
- Performs wake-up calls.
- Understand principles of auditing, balancing, and closing out accounts.
- Knows how to operate OPERA, typewriters, and other front office equipment's.
- Respond to guest needs, special requests and complaints and alert the appropriate manager as needed.
- Understand and knows how to perform check-in and check-out procedures.
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Must speak at least two languages fluently : French and English.
· Minimum one year of hotel front desk supervisory experience
· Experience handling cash, accounting procedures, and general administrative tasks.
If you meet the requirements for the available positions and you are interested in joining the Best Western Premier Pétion-Ville family then fill out your information below or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org